Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Everything happens for a reason

Hola from Costa Rica!

“Everything happens for a reason” is such a cliché quote, but throughout the past few weeks I have found this saying to seamlessly lend itself to many aspects of my life.

For one, I applied to a job in South Africa that I so desperately wanted – maybe too desperately in hindsight. I think I would have been more upset about not receiving the position if I hadn’t been looking out at the gorgeous sunset in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua when I read the email. And my mom so eloquently reminded me, “When one doors closes, it provides the opportunity for another to open.”

Secondly, on our first day in Liberia, Costa Rica, Missy and I were supposed to go right up to Granada, Nicaragua. But after a few mishaps with the bus company, we were stationed in Liberia for the night and had to scrap the Granada aspect of our trip completely. Our night in Liberia turned out to be one of the most exciting and culturally immersing nights of this trip. It was festival time and mucho fiestas and wonderful people.

Lastly, today was my first day volunteering with the kids of the La Asociación CREAR programs. I quickly realized that the door that closed upon me only two weeks ago, was now opening to a new world of service, community, compassion, education, and the discovery of a great love of working with children.

Everything happens for a reason. The saying may be overused, but to the contrary, maybe it just applies itself to many aspects of our lives…

Destiny; bring it on!


Photobucket
Parade through the streets of Liberia

Photobucket
So cute

Photobucket
View from our hotel room in San Juan del Sur

Photobucket
Again

Photobucket

Photobucket
"Welcome to San Juan del Sur"

Photobucket
Brazil isn't the only one with a Jesus statue!

Photobucket
Gorgeous

Photobucket
San Juan del Sur

Photobucket

Photobucket
Me and my horse on the beach in San Juan del Sur. Obviously I would find a way to hang with animals

Photobucket

Photobucket
Missy entering the beach on her horse

Photobucket
Our hotel pool!!

Photobucket
Again

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Madesa Beach in San Juan del Sur

Photobucket
Love

Photobucket

Photobucket
This defines Pura Vida (Full of Life/This is Living)


5 comments:

  1. gorgeous pics! can't wait to hear about your adventures... keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will do, thanks so much for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So without the job in S. Africa does this mean you'll be moving to Costa Rica to work with the kids of the La Asociación CREAR?

    Nice pool by the way...

    UJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - will be living here and working with CREAR for the next few months :) Loving it so far!!

    ReplyDelete