Thursday, May 5, 2011

Welcome with open arms, beers and bars

When I first touched down in Melbourne, my heart was still aching from leaving my beloved Bali behind (say that three times fast). No worries, I was welcomed with open-arms by some of Abby’s friends (Abby is my friend from university I was visiting). We must have visited a bar in every section of Melbourne sipping on the various Australian beers. What a great way to be welcomed; taste testing and site seeing! Our night ended with a fabulous dinner from a BYO Asian restaurant in the middle of Melbourne’s Chinatown.

I quickly realized partying is a LARGE part of the Australian culture. Any excuse to have a good time, like welcoming an American to Australia is fully taken advantage of. Which is also why my photos from Melbourne aren't the best - I spent a bit too much time enjoying the "culture."


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment